By EHM Feature Writer Eliska Lam-Chan Siy
Not sure what to look for when hiring a stylist?
It can be a bit overwhelming at first but if you know the right things to look for it will be easy for to choose the right one to turn your event to something spectacular.
1. A stylist is great if you are time poor, have no idea where to start or would need someone to come up with fresh new ideas.
2. Good stylists will create a style that reflects who you are and what you are about. They will pick on the simplest things you say and turn it into one of the details you'll see on the day.
3. Ask for samples. A stylist's past work will show you what they can create. Find someone who sees the way you see things.
4. When asking for a quote, request for a break down of all costs. Be sure to ask for any delivery fees, GST, etc.
5. Remember to ask if they provide a hire collection. This will save you from buying things you will be using only once.
6. Be sure to find out what time your venue will allow set up and pack up. This information will help the stylist know how to work out their best on the day and make sure that everything goes smoothly.
7. Lastly, be honest about your budget. Ask your stylist how you can create the look you want according to your budget.
Choosing a stylist is like choosing your best friend for your event. They will be the one that you will be talking to about your vision for the day and they will be the ones helping it come to life, so find a stylist that you can talk to with ease and who you can connect with the most.
Photo credits belong to Fi Mims Photography